Release Your Addictions
Addictions represent stuck energy patterns—energy stuck in the body and overall energy field. Now is the time to release them! People are finding that their addictions are nagging at them more than ever, as this time in our ascension is actually revealing the addictions more clearly than ever, so that we will face and release them. The energy of the ascension will assist in their release, so we find it easier than ever to let them go.
Humans have many addictions. We can be addicted to food, sex, gambling, alcohol, drugs, shopping, video games, pornography, the internet, work, exercise and so much more. Holding on to our addictions will actually create more difficulties with ascension, besides the obvious ones associated with each particular addiction. The stuck energy of the addiction makes it more of a challenge for the ascension energies to flow through the body, increasing ascension symptoms.
An addiction represents an area of disconnect from the Divine. It indicates that there is a feeling, thought or belief that is not in alignment. For instance, if we are fearful that something will not be successful (and that fear leads us to drink), we are not fully trusting in the Divine to assist us in our success and knowing that all is well.
Here are some ways to clear addiction:
1. Open the addiction up to the Divine: Name the addiction and ask for the White Light (or Holy Spirit, depending on beliefs) to come in and fill the space where that addiction is. Ask for its grip to be loosened and for it to be taken away. For some, this will be enough.
2. Identify what underlies the addiction. There will be some trigger for the addiction. We may already know what it is. The trigger will be an emotion or a thought (dysfunctional core belief) that goes along with the addictive behavior or urge. The emotion might be anxiety, fear, guilt, etc. First, identify that emotion or feeling in the body and then look for the core belief that goes along with that. It might be, “I’m not good enough,” “I’m not lovable,” “I’ll never have enough,” “I might fail,” “I might succeed,” “There’s too much to do and not enough time,” “I’m not worthy of love,” “The world is a dangerous place,” “People hurt you when you try to succeed,” and so many more. These beliefs are dysfunctional because, first, they are not true, and second, they don’t best serve us. Open up these specific thoughts to the Divine. Recognize they are not true. We are all part of the Divine and part of the Divine plan. We are capable of creating what we desire in our lives, but first we need to change these thoughts that limit us.
3. Create an affirmation: This affirmation statement should be the opposite of the dysfunctional belief. It may be something like, “I am enough,” “I am a powerful creator in my life,” “I am a special, perfect being just as I am and worthy of love,” “I will be all I came here to be, without holding back,” “The world is a safe place for me,” “I am guided, guarded and protected by the Divine,” or “I have everything I truly need in each moment.” Speak the affirmation regularly, but especially when the urge toward the addiction arises.
4. Meditate: Meditation will help so many aspects of ascension, and addiction is no exception. Create a regular meditation practice. Many people don’t like to sit quietly because that is precisely when those dysfunctional thoughts blast right to the surface. Believe it or not, that is perfect. Allow those thoughts to arise. Witness them. Feel them in the body and watch them pass. Feel the sensation flow away like water. It might even come right back up or a new one, that we didn’t even know was there, might pop up. Again, perfect! Just feel, watch and let it flow away. It’s important to allow these thoughts to come up. In this ascension, it’s time to let them go so you can move forward. Address them. Stop pushing them back down and continuing the energy block. They will go.
5. Sincerely ask to be shown: If we don’t consciously know what the thought or feeling is that underlies our addiction, we can sincerely ask that it be revealed and it will be. It may come in a flash in that moment or it may be revealed over time in any number of ways, including: meditation, a dream, a conversation with a friend, song lyrics, a commercial or a magazine article. Be patient. It will be shown.
6. Get support: We may be able to handle our problem on our own, but then again, we may not. Do not be a spiritual martyr and say, “I know I have the spiritual means to do this alone,” and resist or delay outside help. We do have the means. But sometimes it comes in the form of friends, 12 step programs, counselors, doctors and healers. All can be used in the plan to heal us. Get the support that is needed. Remember to ask Spirit for help.
7. Contact a healer: There are many healing modalities that can assist us in clearing addictions. These include: EmoTrance, EFT, Reiki and others. One of my favorites is Core Belief Release. These sessions go into the subconscious and work with it to identify the core belief and where it came from and then release the energy of it. The recipient often feels lighter immediately. Find the modality that works best for you and try it.
Now more than ever is the time to release addictions. Release that energy and allow more Light to come into your body and your life.
Wendy Joy is the author of Clear Channel: A Guide for the Newly Awakening, available on amazon.com. She is the host of Bringing the Light on Para-X Radio. “Like” her on www.facebook.com/wendyjoyauthor for FREE distant energy work on the 9th of every month and a message from Spirit on the 10th. Learn more about Dysfunctional Core Belief Release sessions over the phone at www.wendyjoy.net.